Treasure Coast Chapter Executive Committee Meeting
2/21/2019 @ Modern Juice in Stuart Fl
Open to the Public
Minutes Thursday, Feb 21st, 2019
Executive Members Present:
- Recap current event commitments
- Acting Facilitators Beach Clean-up*March 8, 2019 5:30pm Jensen Beach’s Sea Turtle Beach(Lisa) Hands Across the Hands*May 18, 2019 Stuart Beach (Lisa)
- Tabling Singlefin –March 16, 2019 8am Stuart Public Beach (Lisa) Waterfest –March 23, 2019 10am Memorial Park, Stuart (Tom) Spring Paddle Challenge –March 30, 2019 7:30am (Jeff B)
- Things We Put to a Vote Donation for Singlefin- The SF Flag (Yes) all in favor Interactive game for the Waterfest- Cornhole (Yes) all in favor Steve Sarno for the Volunteer Coordinator position (Yes) all in favor
Identified Core Members
- Renee Delahunty lead role in the Reducing Plastic Pollution She would also like to be involved in the bans- Has a background in legal
- Mindy Frost lead role in Blue Water Task Force. Interest in Beach clean-ups. Scientist looking to do data collection and studies. Her son works for National Geographic.
- Lauren Chesrown local school teacher could host Blue Water Task Force Initiatives in her school or classroom. Fall of 2019. She is currently involved in the shark fin bans(Shark Allies). Strong activist roots in our community.
- Steve Sarno while taking on the Volunteer Coordinator position he will be the lead on Fundraising and Community Relations
- Jeff Haynes is working with local shaper from Lucid Rides to develop a surfboard made from cigarette butts. Jeff also committed to co-creating the interactive for the Waterfest